|Dec. 29th, 2011 01:17 pm So, how did I do with my 2011 N.Y. Resolutions?|
2011 was, overall, a far better year for me (in terms of personal achievements) than 2010 was.
And I hope that 2012 will be even better!
There are some things I didn't manage to achieve as fully as I wanted to, but I have done most of what I set out to do. And more - I did extra things that weren't on my original list, e.g. pack up all my belongings, buy a house, and move into it - this was a massive (and worthwhile) time-sink for several months (and I am still spending time on it).
So, I don't think I have done too badly in 2011, though of course I will aim to do better next year - but then I always have that aim! ;-)
Anyway, below is the list of things I said I would do, with my comments on how far I achieved them:
6 things I resolved to do FOR OTHERS:
- Write a will - not done - have found a solicitor though, and plan to get this sorted soon.
- DONE! - Visit long-distance friends more: Go and visit at least 6 friends during the year.
- DONE! - Write at least one proper hand-written letter a month to friends/family.
- DONE, sort of - Promote greener lifestyles with EV conference (ElectraCon 3) that I will be organising. - organised it all, got some great speakers and venue, but then, due to circumstances beyond my control, the event had to be cancelled last minute. I was gutted. Still, I plan to do another one in 2013.
- DONE! - Do a sponsored somethingorother to raise money for charity - I walked 5 miles in November and raised £329 for the charity Shelter - thank you to everyone who donated :-)
- DONE! - Set the wheels in motion with regards to the charity I have been wanting to start for a while - I have started preliminary research and come up with a name for the charity. Would have liked to have done more but will progress it in 2012.
6 things I resolved to do FOR ME:
- ALMOST! - Lose at least 4 stone during the year - I had 3 months off dieting while we were moving house etc - My total loss so far is just over 3 stone. I plan to continue to lose weight in 2012.
- DONE! - Write a proper plan for my future: goals and action plans for my personal life, finances, businesses, etc - to help me with this, I can use some of the tools I have picked up whilst training to be a coach.
- DONE! - Finish sorting out my paperwork 'system' and my study - and then we moved house, so it all needs doing again LOL. Still, I am in a better place to make a good job of it now :-)
- Read 52 books (one a week) - only read about half that, sadly - have been reading lots of course material as well though, for my Coaching Diplomas.
- DONE! - Complete 3 Coaching Diplomas - I shall allow myself to count this as done, though I have actually done 2 diplomas completely, and half of two others - this adds up to 3, though technically I don't have 3 certificates yet - I have finished 2 though - Gained a distinction in my Personal Performance Coaching Diploma, and have sent off the paperwork for my Advanced Coaching Diploma last week and am waiting to hear my grade. Have also done half the NLP diploma, and half the Coaching Supervision Diploma, so I hope I can get both these finished in 2012.
- Finish writing my first book - nope! What with moving house etc taking up so much time this year, this last one is on the back burner for now.
And a couple of my behaviours I resolved to address:
- DONE! - Communicate better my needs, desires, happinesses and my pain: Let people see more of the inner me.
- DONE! - Surround myself with positive people rather than negative ones: Life is too short to keep wasting it on people who rarely have a positive thing to say about the world or the people in it.
- DONE! - Be more selective with my time - give it to people who are appreciative.
4 comments - Leave a comment