|Aug. 25th, 2010 07:48 pm Sat 4th Sept ('til Mon 6th) - my Birthday Gathering|
For those of you that haven't already responded on facebook:10 comments - Leave a comment
You, my friends, are all invited to my birthday bash!
The gathering starts at 4pm on the Saturday (4th Sept),
but people bringing tents are welcome from 3pm in order to erect them in my garden.
As usual: noisy campers in the back garden; quiet campers or families (with early bed-times) in the front garden.
- Substantial Buffet Food provided from around 5pm.
Bottles of alcoholic/soft drink are welcomed as a contribution.
- The 'house band', Polytix will perform for about half an hour at 6pmish, then we'll leave things set-up for anyone else who feels like getting up and playing a tune, singing a song, or otherwise entertaining us.
- Toast/cereal provided for Sunday Breakfast.
- For Sunday lunch we'll head over to The Romper pub (next door) at 12noon (though if you are too broke for a pub lunch, you are welcome to lounge at mine and eat more toast and leftovers etc!).
- As for entertainment the res of the time, we'll play it by ear...
Parking is best in the car park of The Romper pub next door (where we will eat on Sunday).
If you need collecting from Manchester Airport Train station (though there are buses most of the time) then the lovely Stuart/Tim are available for taxi-ing services - arrange with Stu by text/phone on 07763 861 102.
No particular dress code - I may well wear a dress, as it's my birthday - so you can follow my example and 'dress up', in anything you like - or, if you prefer, come casual and comfortable, or even in fancy dress if you like.
If you are able to text me on the day with your rough ETA, that would be great: 07751 696 055.
If you can't make the main event (Saturday) then you are welcome to join us on Sunday at any point.
I will probably start dropping heavy hints for people to go home, to anyone still at my place by Monday lunchtime!
You may wish to bring:
- Liquid contributions to the drinks corner
- Sleeping bag, night-clothes, toothbrush, towel, deodorant, clean clothes
- Tent (though there is some floor-space inside for those without tents)
- A musical instrument to strum/hit/blow if you have the urge at any point
- Cash for Sunday beer/lunch (as there is no cash machine handy)
- Nibbles to share on Sunday evening if you'll still be here
- Packs of cards / games etc to play on Sunday
- ... and anything else you think is appropriate.
My guest list:
- You are definitely, and warmly, iinvited if I know you in real life, or if you are coming along with someone I know in real life (who assures me you are reasonably sane - well, as much as I am anyway).
So do feel free to share this event's details with people you know I know.
- If we have never met, you are probably still welcome, but please, as a courtesy, check with me first.
Look forward to seeing everyone.
Any questions, just ask, here or by text.
And PLEASE can you let me know if you are coming, by RSVPing here, or on Facebook (so I know how many I am feeding with the buffet).
Mary x x