|Dec. 31st, 2010 11:59 pm 2010 Resolutions|
I intended to post this sooner, but, better late than never. Post dated at the end of the year, for ease of checking on 1st Jan 2011.
January 2010 - My 2010 resolutions are:
Let's see how I do with that little lot then!
- Ask for help/support more - getting better at this but could still improve
- Complete diplomas with The Coaching Academy (to futher my professional development as a Coach)
- Be lighter by 26th August (my birthday) and keep the weight off
- Get my paperwork 'system' truly sorted
- Set myself a really character-building challenge for lent this year - maybe hardcore veggie?
- Donate at least 10% of my income to charity (realised it slipped to 6% in 2009)
- Sort out my retirement planning / will etc
- Be better at keeping in touch with friends/family
- Start writing a book
- Read more
Update - As of 3rd Dec 2010
1. I have asked for help/support more, though probably still not as much as I should.
2. Nearly! I have Coaching certificate, and also have a qualification in Coaching Supervision (from another organisation). And, I am doing and enjoying coaching, and getting great feedback (and some money from it) but, I need to press on with the boring bits of paperwork to finish off the Diplomas. I have done all the coaching hours needed, and been awarded distinctions in all of my practical assessments (where they hear me coach) but I have a couple of essays to write to actually get Diploma level qualifications. Need to stop procrastinating over the paperwork!
3. Failure! Well, I lost about half a stone, then fell off the wagon and put it all back on again. However, I started again at the end of the summer, and have lost 1 stone 5 lbs since then, and hope to have lost 1 stone 10lbs by Christmas day, and reach a 2 stone loss in the New Year.
4. Almost succeeded - I have made huge strides with my paperwork, but all is not as it should be yet - need to keep at it in 2011.
5. Succeeded at hardcore veggie during lent, along with no chocolate or alcohol. Very character building! ;-)
6. Succeeded at donating 10% of my income to charity - will continue this in 2011.
7. Failure! Haven't sorted this out at all - really need to in 2011.
8. Partial Success - I have been a bit better at keeping in touch with family, but I think I need to plan it into my diary to make sure it happens - something to think about in 2011.
9. Success - I have started - still in the planning stages, but at least I have made a start!
10. Success - I have read more. I want to read even more in 2011, but I think I will as I recently scheduled reading time in google calendar, which seems to be proving effective in prompting me to allow myself time to read. This is a good thing.
So, I think some of these resolutions need to appear in my 2011 list. But overall, I am glad to have made some progress with things, particularly since 2010 has been quite a challenging year.3 comments - Leave a comment