|Dec. 30th, 2012 12:12 pm 2013 Meme - 20 good things about 2012, 13 things to look forward to in 2013|
20 good things about 2012:
- My wonderful partners, friends and family, who bring so much joy to my life.
- Teaching Physics/Science/Maths/English - really rewarding work.
- Being a Happiness Coach - more really rewarding work.
- Running a local group for the charity “Action for Happiness”, and facilitating the "Manchester Coaching Circle".
- The electric car being on the road at last.
- Managing to acquire gluten-free haggis and give Stuart a 'proper' Burns night - he hadn't had haggis for about 10 years!
- Having a lovely time at QED con with John
- Having my Dad to stay, and see the new house, over Easter
- Running my first "Happiness Workshop" in Chorlton, and it going really well.
- Walking 9 miles for the first time in over 10 years whilst raising money for Charity.
- Tim's bladder cancer being removed and him getting the all clear (will have annual check-ups)
- Setting up Manchester Armchair Philosophers, and it being a huge success.
- Starting my Coaching Supervision diploma - loving the course, learning lots.
- Doing lovely things for my birthday - the grand picnic in Longford Park was awesome!
- Going on an Autumn holiday with Tim to a converted mill at Chipping village, near Longridge (Lancashire)
- Dad's kidney (with gigantic cancerous tumour attached) being removed. And after a lengthy recovery period, although he will possibly need further drugs, he is loads better. It had been a very worrying few months. So relieved!
- Being Santa's helper at the Chorlton Christmas lights switch-on
- My cousin Tim having a baby (my first cousin once removed?) Abigail, born in December.
- Two lovely Christmas parties at my house: The first for friends, including singing carols round the (electric) piano. And the second, inviting the whole of my street to a Christmas gathering, and getting to know some of the neighbours properly.
- A relaxing and happy first Christmas in Chorlton-cum-hardy, and John being there too.
13 things I look forward to in 2013:
- Special times with partners, friends and family throughout the year.
- Getting involved with my local community via continuing work for the “Action for Happiness” charity, the Manchester Armchair Philosophers, and also getting more involved with Chorlton Civic Society.
- Continuing to walk more (as soon as the weather warms up).
- Dinner somewhere nice with Tim to celebrate being together for 9 years.
- Getting married at the Manchester University Museum, under a T-Rex skeleton, on February 23rd, and the honeymoon.
- Doing something nice with John to celebrate being together for 2 years on March 6th.
- Going to QED Con with John in April (for his birthday).
- Doing something nice for Stuart for his birthday in May (but I can't say what, as I haven't told him yet).
- Completing my NLP Coaching Diploma and Coaching Supervision Diploma, both in June.
- Going to Dad's Summer Party, on Sunday 14th July.
- Celebrating my 40th birthday (and Dad's 70th) - over the August bank holiday weekend (24th - 26th August) - will probably be a camping / B&B-ing event - please keep the date free :-)
- September: Going to the Science Festival (an annual event organised by the British Science Association) at the University of Newcastle.
- Getting some of the house re-decorated - can't kid myself for much longer that it's OK as we have only just moved in!
So what would your 20 and 13 things be?1 comment - Leave a comment